[Tutor] Replacement for 'Find' Module

Simon Gerber nequeo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 09:46:02 CEST 2005

You could probably do something like this... (Note: This example is
for Linux - but you can adapt it fairly easily to Windows.)

# E.g. Find every .inf file on a CD-ROM.
path = '/cdrom'
# 'E:\\' or whatever for Windows....
inf_list = []
for root, dirs, files in os.walk(path):
    for current_file in files:
        if '.inf' in current_file:
           inf_list.append(os.path.join(root, current_file))

I, too, would be interested in knowing if anyone has a better way to do this :)
You would probably combine the 'glob' module with os.walk to grab what
you wanted, and build the list of files that way.

Lemme know what you figure out.

Cheers,