[Tutor] web gallery

paul.hendrick@gmail.com paul.hendrick at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 13:24:25 CEST 2005

Hi All,
I'd like to write some web gallery software from scratch for my
girlfriend. I've looked at the PIL (python imaging library) and I'm
using it to generate thumbnails from given images.
Something else i'd like to get done now though, is building an index of
images.
Are there any libs suited for this? basically I want an text index of
images, which contains the main image name, the thumbnail name, and a
description.

a new image can be added to the index either by adding it via ftp, or
through an html upload form with the comment in the form.

So basically, i'm after advice on indexes.

thanks for reading,
Paul