[Tutor] Need Help on Assignment

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 23 22:38:03 CEST 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Tom Strickland wrote:

> I have imported a text file consisting of lines of csv.

[problem statement cut]

> Python doesn't like the ways I've attempted to make these assignments.

Do you mind if you show us what you've tried so far?

Also, show us the exact syntax error and the stack trace that Python
reports.  It'll help us to see what's really going on.  Your paraphrase of
the situation is useful, but it's obscuring information that we need to
see to be able to duplicate your problem.

If your program is short, just copy-and-paste it into your reply.