[Tutor] Working with files

Byron byron at christianfreebies.com
Thu Aug 25 01:57:52 CEST 2005

Bob Gailer wrote:
> read the file into a string variable (assuming the file is not humungus)
> find the location of "something" in the string
> assemble a new string consisting of:
>    the original string up to the location (index) of "something"
>    "what"
>    the rest of the original string
> write the new string to the file

Hi Scott,

Bob gave you the basic instructions that you need to complete the task
that you are asking for.  If you don't know how to do this, I would
suggest that you start with the following Python tutorial:
http://www.greenteapress.com

They provide an excellent tutorial for learning the basics of Python --
and best of all, it's free and written for absolute beginners.

Take care,

Byron
---