[Tutor] Tail -f problem

Nick Lunt nick at javacat.f2s.com
Wed Aug 31 23:38:42 CEST 2005

Hi Alberto,

I thought about tail-f
> /var/log/radacct/max/detail but this thing opens a console and I
> won't end
> but how can I get the output of the command to python..

Have a look here for a possible solution to your tail -f problem
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/examples/filewatch.py

> I know the second option has nothing to do with this forum but if anyone
> knows of any manual to upgrade MySQL over Linux Red HAt I would appreciate

If your using a recent Redhat then try this as root (im on a windows box at
the moment so this is untested)

$ yum upgrade mysql mysql-server

Naturally this will only work if your current mysql install is an RPM.

Cheers
Nick .