[Tutor] smtplib mail header problem

Liam Clarke-Hutchinson Liam.Clarke-Hutchinson at business.govt.nz
Tue Dec 6 23:23:41 CET 2005

Okay, just checked the docs -

"sendmail( from_addr, to_addrs, msg[, mail_options, rcpt_options])

Note: The from_addr and to_addrs parameters are used to construct the
message envelope used by the transport agents. The SMTP does not modify the
message headers in any way."

So my guess is that the spam agent is checking that from_addr, and getting
an invalid email address and spitting the dummy.
Most ISPs won't allow an invalid from_addr, although mine does..

Regards,

Liam Clarke-Hutchinson