[Tutor] smtplib mail header problem

w chun wescpy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 09:29:15 CET 2005

> It has been great for 11ish months, now all my mail is classed as
> spam & junked :(

dave,

i'm a little surprised by this.  if your code has been working for
almost a year and suddently breaks, that can only be explained by 1 or
2 things:

1. your code was modified
2. the server was modified

(or both).  things just don't all of a sudden break.  do you know what
changed in the system?

> Apparently the reason for it being junked is ...
> 'No subject' and 'No Sender'
>    :
>             from_ = 'Dave Selby<chubb at pusspaws.net>'

from just observing your From line, it looks like you need a space
between your name and the '<' that begins the e-mail address.  i don't
think that without the space, it's a valid RFC2822 e-mail address.

i don't know if this is the entire problem, but it can't hurt to
remedy it and see if it helps.

good luck!
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com