[Tutor] Run script automatically in IDLE shell

Yann Le Du yann.ledu at noos.fr
Wed Dec 7 20:34:49 CET 2005

Hello,

I'd like to have some scripts run directly inside the IDLE shell when I
double click on some properly built shortcut, and not inside the DOS
window. I've managed to do that under win98, but failed in win2000 and
winXP.

I dont' want to have to "run module" inside the idle editor, just direct
execution when double clicking on some shortcut.

In win98 my shortcut is :

C:\Python22\pythonw.exe "C:\PYTHON24\Tools\idle\idle.py" "prog.py"

and this opens an IDLE shell window in which my script is executed.

Anyone knows how to do that in win2000 and winXP, with python24 ?

P.S. I do all this to have accentuated characters (French) correctly
displayed, and this is done in the IDLE Shell, but fails inside the DOS
window. So this is why I want to have my scripts run directly inside the
IDLE shell...

--
Yann Le Du
http://yledu.free.fr