[Tutor] Run script automatically in IDLE shell

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 00:34:48 CET 2005

The IDLE documentation (run idle -h) says that

idle -r file.py

runs the commands in the file.
Is that what you are doing? It looks different to your Win98 version.

> P.S. I do all this to have accentuated characters (French) correctly
> displayed, and this is done in the IDLE Shell, but fails inside the DOS
> window. So this is why I want to have my scripts run directly inside the
> IDLE shell...

Do you have the correct language and locale settings set up in your
DOS environment? It should be able to display French characters
(and any other Western alphabet - not sure about unicode stuff though)
just fine.

Alan G.