[Tutor] Can I get some feedback on my currency converter program

vikas mohan itechsys at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 13:57:34 CET 2005

Thanks! Looks in a better shape now! I have a diffrent question now: What if
like in Java, i would like to have live currency quotes fed to my function,
from some forex dealer website? So, that my program can provide uptodate
info. How can I hot/live link my function?

/VikasM

#converts currencies indo Indian rupees

print "Welcome to your currency converter\n"
print "Plese choose from the following opitons\n"
def print_options():
    print "Options:"
    print " 'p' print options"
    print " '$' convert from US Dollars to Indian Rupees"
    print " 'kr' convert from Swedish Kronors to Indian Rupees"
    print " '£' convert from British Pound Sterling to Indian Rupees"
    print " 'eu' convert from Euros to Indian Rupees"
    print " 'q' quit the program"

def rupees_from_dollars(d_doll):
    return 43*(d_doll)
def rupees_from_kronor(kr_kron):
    return 8*(kr_kron)
def rupees_from_pounds(p_pound):
    return 68*(p_pound)
def rupees_from_euros(eu_euros):
    return 54*(eu_euros)

choice = "p"
while choice != "q":
    if choice == "$":
        Rupees = input("US Dollars:")
        print "Rupees:",rupees_from_dollars(Rupees)
    elif choice == "kr":
        Rupees = input("Swedish Kronor:")
        print "Rupees:",rupees_from_kronor(Rupees)
    elif choice == "£":
        Rupees = input("UK Sterling:")
        print "Rupees:",rupees_from_pounds(Rupees)
    elif choice == "eu":
        Rupees = input("Euros:")
        print "Rupees:",rupees_from_euros(Rupees)
    elif choice != "q":
        print_options()

    choice = raw_input("Choose option:")