[Tutor] Python - SQL paradigm (Will I need a hammer to make it fit?)

Liam Clarke ml.cyresse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:14:58 CET 2005

Hi all,

Just contemplating.

If in Python I were organising a data index along the lines of  -

j = {

"k_word1" : ["rec1","rec2","rec3","rec4"],
"k_wordn" :["recX","rec4"]

}

and I was going to find records that matched by seeing what record
occurred in the most lists (via set intersections or similar; going to
have a play see what works faster) selected by searching keywords...

how easily does that translate to a SQL table and query format?

If I had columns

k_word1 ... k_wordn
rec1           recX
rec2           rec4
rec3
rec4

is that even valid? Or does every row have to have a primary key?

I've been looking at sqlcourse.com, and I'm thinking of having a table
for each keyword, and adding each record as a primary key on that
table.

i.e.

table k_word1

prim_key_unique

rec1
rec2
rec3
rec4

And then querying each table for that primary key and then once again,
return results in order of number of matches to keywords.

Have I aroused anyone's Code Smell nose yet?

Regards,

Liam Clarke