[Tutor] Traffic Network simulator

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 05:39:00 CET 2005

> I need a traffic network simulator(for roads) for my
> project work.I would prefer the simulator to be in
> python so that i can reprogram/modify it according to
> my needs.

I don't jnow of anything ready made. But a Google search
may find someting somewhere...

> does anyone know where i can find something of the
> sort or are there any special modules available which
> can help me build one?

These kinds of simulators usually entail a set of
interacting queues. There might be python modules
around for building queues. You might also find a
math book or web site on queuing theory useful...

Also you will certainly want to use the random
module for this.

Alan G.