[Tutor] Introductory Links

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 2 00:09:01 CET 2005

jhomme said unto the world upon 2005-02-01 17:15:

<SNIP>

> Hi, Is it possible to get a copy of the message sent to us when we
> first join? I want to follow the links in it so I can learn how to
> do the research and ask questions on the list.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

I don't still have a copy of my Welcome msg. But the following links
all are good places to look:

<http://www.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide>
The Python wwiki's beginner's page

<http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.lang.python>
Search com.lang.python

<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/RecentChanges>
The Python Wiki page -- not the front, but the recent changes which is
how I like to enter it.

<http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/mozilla/pythonpanel.xul>
The Python Sidebar for Mozilla -- works for FireFox, too. A useful
tool if you're using the right [ambiguity intended ;-)] browser.

<http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way by Eric Raymond.
The Tutor list won't bite you if you don't follow any of the advice in
that essay. But it is a very useful thing to read to learn how best to
frame your questions so as to get maximum return from everyone's
effort (your and those who answer you both).

HTH,

Brian vdB