[Tutor] Better structure?

Jacob S. keridee at jayco.net
Wed Feb 2 03:23:10 CET 2005

So, how would one go about this in a non broken code way? Don't they have
something like what I'm requesting.
It seems to me that a few things are flawed in the standard distribution.
Little things like the overlooking of adding a method or function to decimal
for returning an instance with x places right of the decimal. I know of
quantize, but that's junk and not simple. Also why shouldn't string methods
include stuff like lstrip which do precisely what I request?
Maybe because they don't want to bother putting

def mylstrip(string,stripstring):
    return string[len(stripstring):]

as a method or something?
Messy, just plain messy.