[Tutor] Are you allowed to shoot camels? [kinda OT]

Jacob S. keridee at jayco.net
Thu Feb 3 22:40:24 CET 2005

MessageI hate to be a spoiled sport and do exactly what you said to not do.
But I present two counter examples
1. The indentation IS the closure on flow statements. Indenting starts a
flow, then removing indentation on next line closes the flow. Again its all
about the language. If your English then don't look at Greek words and not
want to learn them because you don't understand them.

2. The lack of "use strict semantics" is just one python's ways of using the
term "There is more than one way to do it"

Sorry,
Jacob

1. Lack of closure on flow statements.

I've already been bitten by:

if test:
    do this
    do that

where "do that" should have been out-dented.  For a non-Python programmer,
this "feature" can lead to some very non-intuitive coding should someone be
so perverse as to write it :-)

2. Lack of "use strict" semantics.  I know that pychecker can supposedly do
this but I still believe it belongs in the language.

Don't try to defend them.  I've read all the arguments but I just don't
agree with the design choice.

Jeff