[Tutor] Are you allowed to shoot camels? [kinda OT]

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 4 11:47:08 CET 2005

On Feb 4, 2005, at 09:09, Alan Gauld wrote:

> Correct. The style you show (which I called Pascal style) is
> the one that doesn't work. K&R style
>
>> if(foo) {
>> bar;
>> }
>

> Is the one that won the shootout.
>
> With the outsider(which I dont know a name for!) beating both...
>
> if (foo)
>    {
>    bar;
>    }

	According to the Jargon file, this one is called Whitesmiths style. I
tend to use Allman style myself, but given the code completion,
spellchecking, etc. in modern IDEs, I suspect it's become more a
question of personal preference than anything else.

	A bit like if(foo) versus if (foo), and whether or not to use braces
for single-line blocks. (the latter issue being why I think The
Whitespace Thing is an instance of Best Thing Ever(TM))

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"