[Tutor] Small GUI toolkit and executable creators

Patrick Kirk patrick at kirks.net
Fri Feb 4 22:47:58 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm writing an application that will distributed by download and want it
to be as small as possible.  The target platform is Windows.

For the GUI toolkit, I am looking at wxPython and tkinter.  For a small
application with only 4 working forms, which can be expected to produce
the smaller programs?

To create executables, I'm looking at using
py2exe - http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/
or
Installer - http://davidf.sjsoft.com/mirrors/mcmillan-inc/install1.html

Has anyone any comments on which produces smaller executables and and if
either is qualitively better than the other.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick