[Tutor] Larger program organization

Ryan Davis ryan at acceleration.net
Fri Feb 11 18:39:40 CET 2005

I'm starting to make a code-generation suite in python, customized to the way we ASP.NET at my company, and I'm having some trouble
finding a good way to organize all the code.  I keep writing it, but it feels more and more spaghetti-ish every day.

I'm going to look at the other stuff in site-packages to see if I can glean any wisdom, and have googled a bit, coming up mostly
blank or with trivial examples.  Are there any helpful links or advice anyone has for building larger systems?

My background is mostly C#, so I'm used to the ridiculous rigidity of strongly-typed languages. I have been using python for helper
apps for a few months now, so am pretty familiar with the syntax now, but I don't know any of the patterns yet.  My nefarious goal
is to supplant C#/ASP.NET with Python, but I need to figure out how to make programs clients want to pay for before I can make any
reasonable argument.
Thanks,
Ryan
----