[Tutor] Idle needles

Lobster zen45800 at zen.co.uk
Sat Feb 12 13:29:48 CET 2005

Danny Yoo wrote:

 >>More seriously I can not run Idle and Firefox together Not quite sure
 >>what to do other than download the whole web sites?

thanks for the info Danny :-)

 >What happens if you try running both of them together?  Do either of them
 >fail to start up?
 >
 >Firefox and IDLE should not conflict; if you can tell us more details,
 >we'll try to figure out what's going wrong.
 >

 >Best of wishes to you!

They load up.
This is the error message I get from IDLE when trying to compile the program

=========
Idols subprocess didn't make connection Either Idle can't start or
personal firewall is blocking the connection
=========

I am allowing the connection from zonealarm. Even tried allowing IDLE to
be a server. Would I be better off using the windows only editor (do not
want to as I will also be working in Linux)?

I tried from a fresh boot and everything seemed OK - then after looking
at some email in thunderbird - tried to compile a new program and got
the above message.
So maybe it is time loop based?

Appreciate the help :-)

Ed Jason