[Tutor] Problems with test cgi script on windows XP/Apache

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Sun Feb 13 22:22:39 CET 2005

I'm attempting to run a test cgi script on windows xp with apache
as the http server. I keep getting a not found error from IE, and the
error log shows the following error message.
No such file or directory: script not found or unable to stat: c:/program
files/apache group/apache/cgi-bin/test.py
Another cgi script using a different interpreter (rebol) is running
properly. I was receiving
the same error message with the rebol script until I corrected the first
line (she-bang).
here is the code for the script:
#!d:\Python23\python
print "Content-type: text/html\n"
print "hello"
## I can confirm the the first line does contain the correct path to
## the python executable. I have tried it with and without the ".exe"