[Tutor] Problems with test cgi script on windows XP/Apache

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 23:18:28 CET 2005

Windows, she is a woman, and woman are mysterious in their little
quirks. Unfortunately, you cannot divorce her, for she controls your
software and you really need DirectX if you want to play Sid Mier's
Pirates!

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:35:45 -0900, Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com> wrote:

> >Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:25:28 -0900
> >From: Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com>
> >Subject: Re: [Tutor] Problems with test cgi script on windows XP/Apache
> >To: Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com>
> >
> >At 12:22 PM 2/13/2005, you wrote:
> >>I'm attempting to run a test cgi script on windows xp with apache
> >>as the http server. I keep getting a not found error from IE, and the
> >>error log shows the following error message.
> >>No such file or directory: script not found or unable to stat: c:/program
> >>files/apache group/apache/cgi-bin/test.py
> >>Another cgi script using a different interpreter (rebol) is running
> >>properly. I was receiving
> >>the same error message with the rebol script until I corrected the first
> >>line (she-bang).
> >>here is the code for the script:
> >>#!d:\Python23\python
> >>print "Content-type: text/html\n"
> >>print "hello"
> >>## I can confirm the the first line does contain the correct path to
> >>## the python executable. I have tried it with and without the ".exe"
>
> This has been solved. Classic, just classic. I had created a test script,
> and named it "test.py". Hah! windows renamed it "test.py.py", and it
> was obfuscated when I edited it. One could say either:
> 1)Dumb windows newbie
>     or
> 2)Dumb windows strategy
> I'll leave that one up to the reader.
> ----
> tim

> >>__________ NOD32 1.998 (20050212) Information __________
> >>
> >>This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
> >>http://www.nod32.com
> >

> >__________ NOD32 1.998 (20050212) Information __________
> >
> >This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
> >http://www.nod32.com

'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.