[Tutor] (no subject)

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Feb 17 17:38:16 CET 2005

Kevin Hine wrote:
> Hello I'm very new to python but need to write a script to update a
> single geodatabase table in arcview9 from several dbf files. If I can do
> this I can then use windows scheduled tasks to up date the tables
> automatically. The field names in the dbs files are or can be slightly
> different from those in the geodatabase table and the information
> already contained within the geodatabase table must be kept.in the ge

What have you tried so far? What can you tell us about the data? Do you know how to read dbf files
from Python? Don't expect the readers of this list to know what 'geodatabase table' and 'arcview9'
are; if you are lucky someone will but I sure don't.

Coincidentally there seems to be someone else with a similar problem this week; see this thread:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2005-February/036077.html

Kent