[Tutor] 3 questions for my port scanner project

Shitiz Bansal shitizb at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 12:24:30 CET 2005

> 2. I got a while loop which does the port scan
> itself. How can I end
> it while its working ?

using the break statement anywhere inside the loop
will exit the loop.

> 3. For some reason the scan is too slow (2-3 seconds
> for a port). Is
> there a way to make it faster (other port scanner
> work allot faster...

The ports which do not respond are the ones which take
most of the time.You can use the timer object to fix
the time for each port.For eg. if a port does not
respond within .1 sec it can reasonably be expected to
be closed.The exact implementation will depend upon
your code.You can also use threads to ping more than
one port simultaneously.

And I loved your microsoft quote :).

Cheers