[Tutor] Basic question -> How to use a class from a file?

Bernard Lebel python at bernardlebel.com
Mon Jan 3 14:24:11 CET 2005

Alan Gauld wrote:
> You have 3 methods, functions and methods are similar but different!
> If you think of them asthe same thing you will probably get
> confused by OOP later on!

[Bernard]
I'm already confused! Seriously, I never done oop before, so even the
Python tutorial examples are extremely confusing to me atm.

Anyway I got it sorted. The two additional functions didn't needed to be
methods, they were just 'helpers' called by the class method. So I have
put them outside the class and now it works.

>>What am I doing wrong?
>

> Without code or error report I can only make a wild guess.

[Bernard]
Well yeah I understand that. But since most of the code I write is very
application specific I'm not sure how relevant it can be to post it,
this is why I generally try to simplify my problems as much as possible.

Next time I'll try to cook a more generic code :-)

Bernard