[Tutor] XP and python 2.4, some progress

Jeffrey Thomas Peery jeffpeery at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 05:34:54 CET 2005

I wasn't able to get the IDLE started in windows XP. I had it working then I
upgraded to 2.4, then it didn't work so I switched back to 2.3, still didn't
work so I'm back to 2.4.  I did some looking around and I was able to get
the IDLE started by setting the shortcut on my desktop to:

C:\Python24\python.exe C:\Python24\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw -n

Not sure what this does. But is seems to get it going. What is going on
here? Also I get a console that appears with this message - I have no idea
what it means:

Warning: configHandler.py - IdleConf.GetThemeDict - problem retrieving theme
element 'builtin-background'

For theme 'Jeff'

Returning default value: '#ffffff'

Anyhow if anyone can explain what is going on here I would appreciate the
help. and is there anyway to get the IDLE icon in my windows start menu to
work?

Ok thanks for the help!

Jeff