[Tutor] More and more OT - Python/Java

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 09:23:25 CET 2005

> Only thing I've seen that uses XML (remember I'm a n00bie in Python,
> Java, Jscript and HTML, so I don't see the real indepth stuff) is
MSN
> Messenger for it's logs. And MS IE can parse that XML.

XML is rapidly becoming the de-facto standard in data exchange
formats between businesses(B2B). In addition the SOAP protocol
for web services (aka remote procedurecalls over the web) uses
XML so more and more business applications will be using XML.

The more extreme XML fans also think it can be used internally
as glue between in-house applications (sales-orders-inventory-billing
etc) however I personally think the heavy processing and bandwidth
demands of XML might delay that vision.

HTH,

Alan g