Sending a command to a program using os.system (was [Tutor]: Using os.popen*() and os.spawn*() to interact with a DOS box)

Orri Ganel singingxduck at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 06:51:08 CET 2005

I did some googling, and found this in the archives of this mailing list:

import os
os.system('c:\\abaqus\\5.8-14\\abaqus.exe post')

, where post was a command, *not* a file.  Now, I tried something
similar, since essentially what I wish to be able to do is have Audacity
think I typed the 'R' key:

os.system(r'c:\progra~1\audacity/audacity.exe R')

All this managed to accomplish was Audacity opening (good) and a message
from Audacity (not good):

("Could not open file: R" since i had to make it small to fit in the
email message comfortably)

Any ideas on a) why this didn't work and b) what to do to make something
similar work are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Orri

--