Sending a command to a program using os.system (was [Tutor]: Using os.popen*() and os.spawn*() to interact with a DOS box)

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sun Jan 16 14:10:18 CET 2005

Can you say something about why you want to do this? If you are trying to turn Audacity into a
programmable sound processor, you might do better with something that is designed as a library for
programmatic use. Googling 'python sound library' gives some promising hints. The Snack Sound
Toolkit in particular. http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/

OTOH if what you want is some kind of macro system for Audacity then this won't help.

Kent