[Tutor] Posting a large amount of code?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 16:07:46 CET 2005

> I guess my question is, would it be acceptable to post this much
code to the
> list?

Probably about the limit for posting, but if you can put it on
a web site somewhere and post a URL that would be fine...

> the body of the message or as an attachment? I would think an
attachment
> would be better but then maybe attachments are not allowed on the
list?

Since there are several files attachments would make more sense
but if only posting main.py (How big is it? Is that the 500 lines?
If so its a biggish single module.) then inline is OK.

> I've probably been a little verbose with the comments in the code,
but I
> figured if I post it and you don't have the GUI to go along with it,
you could
> still get a feel for what the program is doing?

That makes sense.

Alan G.