[Tutor] Objects & Classes...

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 18 04:10:44 CET 2005

On Jan 18, 2005, at 02:59, Jack Cruzan wrote:

> Wouldn't it though! I haven't checked but doesn't he use xml for his
> equipment lists - if that was the case it would be worth it to ask him
> for those files 'eh?

	Last time I checked, he didn't. I have the DAT files here (extracted
them off a Windows installation of the program) and have been trying to
write a Python script that would convert them to XML.
	However, the file format is exotic and inconsistent (just like VB,
some would say ;) ), so I haven't found a way yet to write an
"universal converter": the script has to be modified for each file. I'm
pleased neither with this solution, nor with the way my script looks:
it's ugly.

	At some point, such a converter will have to be written, though,
unless you want to go through the extreme pleasure of going through 1
meg of text files by hand.

	Hmm, I really should try to start working again on this web-based SRCG
idea of mine... The whole thing just screams "database". Daaargh, so
many things to do, so little time. I suppose no good mod_python
tutorials have spawned since last time I asked, right?

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"