[Tutor] counting no of words

Bill Mill bill.mill at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 14:01:38 CET 2005

Sure,

What you need are the win32 extensions for python
(http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html), which
contain win32com. Through com, you can access almost anything in
windows. Check out
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.2/PyWin32/html/com/win32com/HTML/QuickStartClientCom.html
for a short com tutorial, and
http://starship.python.net/crew/pirx/spam7/ for a presentation on com
in python.

Once you're connected to a word document, you'll have to figure out
what the command to count the words in the document is, but that's
just a matter of recording a macro in word where you count the words,
then repeating it in python.

I'd help you with that, but I'm on linux.

Peace
Bill Mill
bill.mill at gmail.com