[Tutor] Ooer, OT Lisp

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:46:19 CET 2005

Oops,

and OT ~ Has anyone used Lisp? I've been reading Paul Graham's essays
on how great Lisp is, and how Python is near to implementing features
Lisp had in the 60's. Also found the concept of macros interesting.

Queries -

1) Anyone here familiar with both?
2) If so, which would you rate as more powerful?
3) What's with all those parentheses?
4)  Perhaps the powerful question's a bit vague, how about ease of
use? I like that the simplest Lisp expression is - , but those
brackets....
5) Are you able to point me towards a simplified explanation of how
the 'syntaxless' language can write programmes?

Sorry to play 20 questions.

Regards,

Liam Clarke

--
'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.