[Tutor] ascii encoding

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 26 03:27:27 CET 2005

On Jan 26, 2005, at 00:50, Luis N wrote:

> Ok, urllib.quote worked just fine, and of course so did
> urllib.pathname2url.
>
> I should have run a dir() on urllib. Those functions don't appear in
> http://docs.python.org/lib/module-urllib.html
>
> Now, how might one go about calculating the New York time off-set from
> GMT? The server is in the U.S. but time.localtime() is giving me GMT.

	time.timezone gives you, I think, the offset between your current
timezone and GMT. However, being myself in the GMT zone, I don't know
exactly if the returned offset is positive or negative (it returns 0
here, which makes sense :D ).

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"