[Tutor] New entry in the Tutor list - Question: Python and dbf files

Alessandro Brollo alex_brollo at yahoo.it
Fri Jul 8 15:57:53 CEST 2005

I'm using Python 2.3 in Win32/WinXP context.

I'm new at all to newsgroups and discussion lists; the
first help I need, is how to learn "good-manner" use
of such very effective, but time-consuming tools. My
approach will be a "try-and-error" one; I encourage
all of you to send me any
suggestion/observation/remark about.

I'm a (low-level) user of both Python 2.3 and Dbase IV
(yes, I'm far from young).
1. Does a Python dbf reader/writer module exist
somewhere?
2. Does a dBase IV - like (or a Python-based dBase IV
emulator) free database program exist?

Alex