[Tutor] Passing Arguments

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Sat Jul 9 11:35:19 CEST 2005

On Jul 9, 2005, at 11:17, Don Parris wrote:

> get_Name(prt_Name)
> # Calling get_Name with prt_Name as the argument produces this:
>
> C:\Python24>python scripts\learning.py
> <function prt_Name at 0x00AEBEF0>
>
> At least it found the function.  That's little shy of a miracle for
> me. :)  However, I would like to see 'foo' printed out, since it is
> the result of the function.  How can I correct this?

     You have to call the function:
get_Name(prt_Name())

     prt_Name is the function itself. prt_Name() (note the parens)
calls (executes) the function and allows you to use its return value.

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge
a perfect, immortal machine?"