[Tutor] Storing Data Records in XML File

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 12 19:01:30 CEST 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Gooch, John wrote:

> I have a Python script that stores the results of the processing that it
> does in a database, but it has to have an alternate way of storing its
> data in a database-friendly way (XML)in case the database is not
> available ( connected down, data store full, etc. ).
>
> Any recommendations on a way to do this? i.e. what modules what methods?

Hi John,

Could you use the Sqlite library instead?  It's also a database engine,
but it's very embeddable:

    http://www.sqlite.org/

and if you have an application that's already talking through the db-api,
it might be easiest to use sqlite as the alternative data store.

Otherwise, I've heard very good things about the Amara library for doing
XML data binding stuff:

    http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/amara/

Best of wishes!