[Tutor] OT python Licences

R. Alan Monroe amonroe at columbus.rr.com
Thu Jul 14 12:51:30 CEST 2005

> As far as I know, all GTK+ 2.x
> applications under Windows have a native look.  I don't know my self as
> I don't have Windows.

My personal experience is that GTK apps (Ones I've used like GAIM,
Inkscape, Ethereal) on Windows stick out like a sore thumb, GUI-wise.
They tend not to use the same font, or font size as normal apps. They
are typically slower at painting their menus to the screen. They also
have other oddities such as tooltips that tend to "stick" on the
screen, and they don't refresh their windows when viewed via VNC.

Alan