[Tutor] Hy, I'm a n00b to Python, have some questions

Alex Nedelcu bellarchitects at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:17:11 CEST 2005

Hy all,

I am a Java/PHP programmer.
I read the tutorial and I like the language. I am more interested in the web
capabilities of the platform (CPython).

I have some questions I'd like to ask you guys:

1. Is there any decent forum were people are talking in python ?
2. what about speed ? (any beginners question I suppose). Is it something to
be concerned about ? Does anyone know how it compares to PHP ? (for Java I
allready know)
3. I want any usefull resources you can provide me with
4. What's the hottest web framework right now that does not require an
application server (meaning that it runs on fastcgi)

Also, why is www.python.org <http://www.python.org> so ugly :) ? If I'd like
to point others to learn Python I would need a site that markets Python
through eye-candy case studies, not some boring old site :). Just joking. I
don't want to give examples of others. I am sure you guys know what I mean.

Thank you,