[Tutor] Creating MySQL table

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 00:33:43 CEST 2005

On 7/18/05, Bernard Lebel <3dbernard at gmail.com> wrote:
> See [Bernard]
>

> [Bernard] Well I kind of figured it was telling it's a syntax error. ;-)

I didn't want to assume too much. ;)

> After trial and error for an hour or two, I managed to get it sorted.
>
> First, I noticed that in Python there is no need for a semi-colon
> terminator (even for SQL commands).
> Also, removing all quotes except the opening and closing one made the code work.

That was where my last post was headed - and I left out the part about
the semi-colons not being needed.  I was looking at my own select
queries.

> The SQL book I am using uses DOS command line syntax, not Python, so I
> had to translate the examples into Python syntax.

I got Python books.  I can figure out the SQL stuff pretty easily -
it's programming the front-end that twists my brain around. ;)

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/