[Tutor] Getting singal strength of the received packet

sunny sunny sunny.tired at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 04:49:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

In C I have seen some programs such as kismet etc where c programs
could be written to get the SS from the card. The idea probably is to
read the prism 2 header from the driver. This I guess is a bit more
lower than the "raw socket" where we can get the MAC layer frame.

The prism 2 header gives you parameters such as the signal strength
etc which depend on the physical channel.

My knowledge in this area is limited.

Santosh.