[Tutor] Will a dictionary based method work for this problem

Srinivas Iyyer srini_iyyer_bio at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 22:51:38 CEST 2005

Hello group,
 I have a problem of classification of data.

My data has two columns: Col. A refers section of a
office and column B refers to name of the person:

Col A       Col B

Accounts(A/c)    Steve
A/c              Bill
A/c              Rafael

Billing          Mike
Billing          joshua
Billing          Steve

Production       Tom
Production       Mike
Production       Rafael

Now my problem is:
1. Who are the people unique to Accounts?
2. Who are the people working for two sections of the
office:
  ( Steve: A/c and Billing; Rafael : A/c and
Production
    Mike: Billing and Production).

This is just a simple example, in my list I have ~40
sections and ~10K people (this is repeated number and
I do not know how many unique persons are there).

Question to tutor:

Could any one help me proceed further.
Will a dictionary (key and values ) based method work
for this kind of problem.

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hear from
you

Thanks again
Srini