[Tutor] redirecting output to logfile and logrotate

Michael Janssen mi.janssen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 14:34:54 CEST 2005

On 7/23/05, Winfried Tilanus <winfried at tilanus.com> wrote:

> Somebody else suggested (in private) to make logrotate send a -HUP

this was me. Sorry for that, I'm still unfamilar with gmail.

Danny's suggestion using RotatingFileHandler is better than mine,
cause it uses a standard module. I suggest to consider using
SysLogHandler for fairly sized server apps which get distributed. This
way the user has full control over the logfiles (where to store, when
to rotate, how to compress and when to delete) by normal configuring
via syslogd and logrotate (Well this means it's normal to configure
syslogd and logrotate for a sysadmin user...).

regards
Michael