[Tutor] Problem with pgbd & datetime

Gabriel Farrell gsf at panix.com
Thu Jul 28 19:12:22 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 07:13:49PM -0400, Don Parris wrote:
> pg/pgdb are both part of the PyGreSQL distribution.  You can choose
> whichever you want to use, but pgdb supports the 2.0 API, whereas
> (according to the readme) pg does not.  I will try pg when I get back
> to my box tonight, but would prefer to use pgdb.

I use pgdb as well, for the same reason.

> All of this should have been configured properly when I installed
> SUSE Linux 9.2 last Fall.  The MySQLdb  module works fine - the pgdb
> should as well.  Perhaps I should post this over on the DB Sig list.

Debian lists a package called python-egenix-mxdatetime as a dependency
for python-pygresql, and that in turn depends on
python-egenix-mxtools.  I believe you need to install these modules
for pygresql to work, as mxDateTime is not the same as datetime.  The
site for mxDateTime is
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxDateTime.html if you need to
install it manually, but there should be a SUSE package for it.
*Quick look through SUSE site.*  Yep, here it is:
http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/python-egenix-mx-base.html

I hope that gets it working.

gsf