[Tutor] Planning a program with algorithm?

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 00:11:04 CEST 2005

> One approach you could consider is to write pseudocode, turn it into
comments
> and write the real code in between those. That way you get the
benefits of
> pseudocode (being able to spot algorithm errors at a higher level)
as well as
> properly commented code. Difficult portions then automatically get
more
> comments, while easier portions get fewer comments - just as it
should be.

And this is exactly what we do at work in large projects.
Because pseudo code sits at the 5-10 lines of real code level
it works well as comment text regardless of language and you can
extract the detailed design from the code using a simple text
filter like grep...

The ISO 9000 quality auditors love it...

Alan G.