[Tutor] ftplib: retrbinary all files in directory

Rich Krauter rmkrauter at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 01:04:51 CEST 2005

Israel Carr wrote:
> I'm using ftplib to connect to a server, and I want to grab every file
> from a specific folder.  The filenames change frequently.  What is the
> best way to use retrbinary with wildcards(or some better option) to
> transfer all files?
>
> Thanks,
> Israel

You can try ftpmirror.py, which is included with python.

 From http://docs.python.org/lib/module-ftplib.html:
"""
The file Tools/scripts/ftpmirror.py  in the Python source distribution
is a script that can mirror FTP sites, or portions thereof, using the
ftplib module. It can be used as an extended example that applies this
module.
"""

Good luck.

Rich