[Tutor] securely transmitting data via email

Don Jennings djennings3 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 17:37:59 CEST 2005

Goal:  to securely transmit data (collected on a form on a secure web
site) to recipient

Possible solutions, thus far:

1) create web page accessible through HTTPS; email link to recipient,
BUT that adds extra steps for him. I'd like it to be as transparent as
possible (doesn't everyone? ; >)

2) use cryptography directly in the python CGI program (e.g. ezPyCrypto
or SSLCrypto) and email the results. I am assuming that I can import a
public key created by PGP or GnuPG

3) os.popen (after sanitizing the input, of course) to use the command
line interface of GnuPG to create an encrypted file and attaching that
to an email

Anyone have experience achieving this goal? Have I overlooked other
options? Sample programs, maybe?

Thanks!
Don