[Tutor] Postgresql+Python -tutorial?

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 20:53:13 CEST 2005

> I've been using MySQL up this day, but would like to convert
> my program to use Postgresql.

I'm curious. Why?
Is there some advantage to Postgres over MySql?

The reason I ask is that I am torn between these two for my own use.
Up until now I've been a happy user of Intebase on both Windows and
Linux but I'd like to move my Linux DB to an Opensource one and
although Firebird is the obvious choice one of the big two would
offer good experience(*). But which one?

Oh, I can install additional modules, but it would be great if Ubuntu
had them...

Ubuntu??? A linux distro maybe?

(*) I'm currently using SqlLite for my online tutorial on database
programming but the more I use it the less I like it! To the extent
that I might change to one of the others even though it means a
re-write of the tutorial topic...

Alan G.