[Tutor] Pythonese/Efficiency/Generalese critique please

Lee Cullens leec03273 at mac.com
Sat Jun 4 18:47:25 CEST 2005

Pythonese/Efficiency/Generalese critique please

I'm new to Python and as an exercise created a little utility
module.  I'm learning from the O'Reilly books and updating that
understanding from the 2.4 documentation.

The utility produces a csv file of a specified directory tree for
import to a spreadsheet application.  My first attempt employed
os.walk(), but I found converting the results of such more
troublesome than the recursive approach of this version.

Including the module code in this email puts it a little over the 40K
limit (lots of comments) so I uploaded it to my dotMac iDisk:
On a Mac (at least) the .py is recognized as an executable and warns
of such so Ctrl click (right click) and open with your programming
text editor.  It would fail to run anyway without arguments.

I would appreciate any comments you see fit to offer.

Thank you,
Lee C
Dual 2.5 Power Macintosh G5 (OS 10.4.1)