[Tutor] How to open a telnet session and have the python program write to it.

Suri Chitti SChitti at manh.com
Mon Jun 6 11:19:26 CEST 2005

Hi,

        I am attempting a python program that will open a telnet session and
input the username/password, cd to a certain directory and leave the session
there.   I have attempted different combinations of the os.popen etc but as
soon as the telnet window is opened the program cannot be coaxed to write to
the telnet session (window).   I have attempted the telnetlib, but the
problem is that the telnet window does not show up.

Can anyone give me more info in this matter?

Thanks lots,

-Suri.

Name Suri Chitti | Sr. QA Engineer, WM-OS-QA
Manhattan Associates
Phone: 00 91 80 28418080 xtn.4830
Fax: 00 91 80 51156098
 <mailto:schitti at manh.com> schitti at manh.com
 <http://www.manh.com> http://www.manh.com

Looking for a new perspective on your supply chain?
Plan now to attend Momentum 2005 on May 15 - 18 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Visit  <http://www.momentummanh.com> http://www.momentummanh.com today and
register early for best rates!

Momentum 2005
New Perspectives. Infinite Possibilities.