[Tutor] Detecting my own IP address?

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 6 12:46:40 CEST 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 05:27, Bill Campbell wrote:

> I don't do Windows so can't say what it does (knowing Microsoft, it
> may
> vary between Windows versions, patch levels, and the phase of the
> moon :-).
>
> Bill

     Well, Windows doesn't even do ifconfig. The (more-or-less)
equivalent command is ipconfig, except that it has no generic names
for network interfaces. What that means, is that instead of eth0 (or
en0, or whatever), it uses the full name of your NIC -- which
effectively means that the output differs from one machine to
another. Good luck with this one :D

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge
a perfect, immortal machine?"